What's everyone working on this week (38/2019)?

New week, new Rust! What are you folks up to?

Still slowly plugging away at a 0.3 version of Tetra (my 2D game framework). Mainly working on pulling bits of the engine's core out into library components - e.g. screen scaling used to be always-on and baked into the renderer, but now it's just another tool you can use in your draw method.

I'd also like to spend some time this week working through one of those 'ray tracing for dummies' projects I always see people talking about in these threads. Would be a nice change of pace from 2D, and i'm jealous of the pretty screenshots :slight_smile:

1 Like

The plan is to release a new version of uom (type-safe zero-cost dimensional analysis) this week. A huge PR with a number of thermodynamic quantities from Glowforge was merged last week and couple more PRs should get merged shortly before the release.

2 Likes

New releases of a couple of crates, new major version of bs58 adding in core/core + alloc support and a new alpha of async-compression rounding out the AsyncRead implementations (and maybe including AsyncWrite implementations).

Been doing a fair bit of work on https://cbor.nemo157.com and cbor-diag-cli recently as well, I want to try and get initial colored output added for both then make a new announcement post about them.

1 Like

I started working on a driver for the OPT300x ambient light sensors after finalizing a driver for the MCP794xx family of real-time clock / calendar devices (announcement blog post).

1 Like

I am developing a reverse proxy named palantir. It outperforms nginx reverse proxy in early benchmarks. I am currently trying to migrate from actix-web v0.7.18 to built-in rust async.

I will spend this week learning this thing called Rust (heard of it?). I became a member of this forum an hour ago, and now I am apparently programming a guessing game (because the book told me so :slight_smile: ).

So everyone take cover, there will be a lot of incoming stupid questions in this forum over the next couple of days :slight_smile:. Even though I have been programming 15+ languages over my 30+ years of programming, there are a lot of new things to learn about Rust. Let's see if I manage to learn this, or if I give up. I might be to old to learn new stuff :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I just finished the k-d tree implementation for the rs-pbrt renderer. See issue 4 for details ...

1 Like

Working on exercises on Exercism to learn Rust. Thinking about what my first attempt at a real application shall be. (Any suggestions for a CLI application is very welcome!)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.