New week, new Rust! What are you folks up to?
I contributed a little to the crev project which I find important enough. I made some improvements to the “verify deps” part and I’m thinking about making a gui (I’ve already made some experiments: https://dystroy.org/pub/crev-termimad-02.gif but I’ll more probably make it more like a standard terminal app).
I might instead take some time to work on broot whose input widget could be improved. Speaking of broot I wonder whether the windows compatibility was worth the pain: nobody seems to use it on windows…
Yesterday I finished adding support for alternative registries to cargo cache which was built on a lot of refactoring I had done the previous two weeks.
There’s still some testing and hardening to be done but I should have a release out until end of this month
This week I’m humbly starting The Book
I hope it will lead to many Rust contributions
I’ve been working on
uom (type-safe zero-cost dimensional analysis) documentation but I expect not much will get done on that front this week as there are some big PRs that I’m working on reviewing. Most notably is a PR for the long requested Information quantity (bit, byte, …) from Lukazoid.
Revisiting my svgbob demo to make a fast feature rich desktop commercial version for me to have some little revenue while I work on my other opensource projects.
My bachelors thesis. Go vs. Rust.