New week, new Rust! What are you folks up to?
Currently looking at the problem of collecting responses from a dynamic amount of child actors in a round based fashion.
uom (type-safe zero-cost dimensional analysis) v0.30.0 was released over the weekend! I hope to finish a PR to allow units/quantities to be specified outside the crate/module the unit system is defined in the next week or so.
Working on async depth-first tree traversal where each node in the tree gets the result of the processing of its child-nodes.
Sucks hard, thb.
I'm kicking off a project to build a decentralised version of github on the Safe Network platform (which is a decentralised storage, communications and app platform built in Rust).
My initiative is very early stage, I literally drew a picture yesterday and then noted down and shared some ideas, and today have done a bit of research looking for similar projects. It's a shame that there were much earlier very promising starts, but which have petered out, yet my impression is that there are lots of people who would like to break free of github without the issue of self hosting or using a third party service.
Today I stumbled on a couple of old projects, including git-dit which I just saw @musicmatze (above!) helped with back in 2018. Another is SIT / issue-tracker, both looked very promising, both in Rust, but stopped two or three years ago.
More on this topic if anyone has any thoughts about what's needed or the different ways to go about this.
I'm continuing to develop my WIP
hashsplit crate, implementing a specification for the "content-defined chunking" technique made famous by rsync. At the moment I'm focused on adding more detail to the
iter module (overriding
Iterator::size_hint and implementing other traits like
FusedIterator) and deciding on a testing strategy.
I've released a driver library for the STSPIN220 stepper motor driver. This week I want to work on defining an abstract interface that this and other stepper motor drivers can implement.
Porting a hobby project, an arduino C++ irrigation water usage tracking app over to rust. I'm new to the language so lots of research then a few lines of code.
I was rather amused by my open chrome tab icons when I got up this morning
refactor a bit on my site.
The last 3 days, I've been working on an
AtomicCell, that always provides lock-freedom on arbitrarily sized types.
The whole first day was sacrificed for thinking up a design that actually works and doesn't lock. Only at the very end did I come up with a solution, that works.
Yesterday was a bad day. It started and ended with headaches and I didn't get much done.
Today, I finally made some notable progress and I'm optimistic, that I'll finish the first prototype, tomorrow.
The first prototype will be limited to
get(), the latter being reserved to
Copy types, effectively limiting the API to
Copy types, for now. The only other limitation of the API is, that it only supports up to 127 parallel read accesses. Write accesses are unlimited, though.
This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.