New week, new Rust! What are you folks up to?
Creating a quantum-resistant hyperencryption protocol (9 months into it now) that will be used for decentralized apps and enterprise/military grade software
Working on making some bindings to dart's native extension API using
bindgen, going to push to crates.io after I've sorted out a few things.
People would show more respect for
write!() if they knew about the stuff lying below the innocent-looking surface of
Working on two firsts!
- Making my first emulator, Chip8 (a nice gentle introduction)
- Doing it in rust, my first project in the language
Documenting all the new API that I added to abi_stable (a library Rust-to-Rust ffi, with a focus on creating libraries loaded at program startup, and with load-time type-checking),after that I'll do more general polishing of the library,and finally release the 0.7.0 version later this week.
I'm waiting for my graph pre-computation test to finish for speeding up cargo-tally so I started working on my first rust project, after starting over I came up with a working search function (where is was stuck before) for a Trie. It is generic over the inserted sequence values ie [ T ] and so far uses no
Rc or any other smart pointer.
I started again with my project Malaga and now I'm working in workers https://github.com/spielrs/malaga
trybuild and now trying to rewrite it according to my own case (hope to share the result soon).
I adjusted an older Blender scene, I had lying around to be usable and renderable via the
parse_blend_file executable provided by rs-pbrt (some Rust code needed adjustments as well for that):
Released version 0.1.1 of Offst: a digital credit card, allowing secure and free payments. Link to full post
Summary of major changes:
- Atomic payments feature
- Added capnp ergonomics
- Upgraded "Futures"
Summary of future plans:
- Multiple currencies feature
- Replace cryptographic library
- Graphical user interface
I'm going to lift (translate) first few WebAssembly bytecodes to LLVM IR github.com/ysz/wasm2llvm
I finally published some changes to bex, a crate for working with boolean expressions as abstract syntax trees or binary decision diagrams (BDDs). The BDD implementation can now leverage multiple threads.
The multi-threading code was basically a prototype from several months ago, so now I'm mostly doing a bunch of refactoring, documentation, and cleanup work. My goal is to start releasing a new version of the crate every few weeks.
I'm implementing a space-efficient algorithm to calculate quantiles (like median). I was inspired by Apache Spark's implementation but changed a bit to give better results.
I will probably publish to crates.io and open a PR in Spark to suggest my modifications.