New week, new Rust. What are you folks up to?
Hooping between fully documenting Piston, and making a new backend for it.
I’m trying to get the development on hamcrest-rust started again. I have commit rights and I made my first PR to sort out the licensing issue.
Wrote a little webapp in iron for RSVPing to my upcoming wedding (I do enjoy mentioning it ).
Finally published an
0.2 release of elastic_types that supports generating statically-typed Elasticsearch mappings from plain old structs. Looking into supporting borrowed types, which means reworking the codegen, but it’s a good start.
ndarray 0.6 was released. It was just summer cleaning, removing lots of deprecated methods.
I’m doing some more work on
symbiosis, my isomorphic* HTML template/component library suite, and I’m about to merge a few changes where I managed to make the API simpler and remove about 1000 lines of code. Such a nice feeling! I think I have managed to boil it down to a minimal number of crates now, so I may even dare releasing it soon™. It does already work quite well as just a template library, so it’s not like it’s not yet useful. There are just some really rough parts…
*it generates code in multiple languages, rather than being shared between client and server, so the logic is shared, but not the actual code.
Writing a Ruby gem that compiles Rust as a native extension. The gem is FasterPath. A rewrite of all the most server costly methods for handling paths.
This might be enjoyable for people to look at as it compiles successfully with Rust and there is no C code at all to link them together.