What's everyone working on this week (15/2022)?

New week, new Rust! What are you folks up to?

1 Like

The plan is to setup Vim for some Rust development then dive a bit deeper into learning about lifetimes and closures :smiley:

I've been responding to issues and doing a bit of cleanup of old work that hasn't been pushed over the finish line for uom (type-safe zero-cost dimensional analysis). Next up is reviewing support for complex numbers.

Still working on my parser library. It makes use of parser combinators and supports backtracking through the use of suspended computations that get resumed to try the next rule on the previous parser when the next parser in the sequence fails.

Kotlin parsing is now included as a part of the project to battle test the parsing combinators. I'm almost through all of the Kotlin grammar.

The main goal is to provide a Kotlin to Javascript transpiler that can be used within the browser, so that Kotlin can be used as a scripting language to extend the functionality of web apps.

If anyone else is seeking to use Kotlin as a scripting language in their Rust project, feel free to jump in and work with me.

I just want to share the collection of learning materials (mostly in Chinese, sorry for that) since I learn Rust for one year.

Yeah, it takes me one year to find and categorize them. :slight_smile:

All the material links are public and free, because you can easily find them from google or any search engine.

But for me, this collection of learning materials saves me a lot of time on referring to search engines again only for most common materials.

I don't want it to be a second rust-learning which is absolutely great and thankfully has been updating for years with community support.

I actually mean this collection of materials is mostly personally summarized to meet my needs.

Well, here are some features about this collection and worth mention:

• community-driven books are bilingual versions listed (though the Chinese version is not so useful here)
  • some topics like async are well organized (though I haven't read them all)
  • some interesting crates is compared to funtionality in std (though some of them are not so popular because I just list them when I see them): this is inspired by stdx
  • more than 70 bloggers' link addresses: they are found from all kinds of channels and some are attached with short memos (though I just now find this post )

Alright, so much excellent work has been done from the past :heart: and I'm possibly repeating it without noticing. But the process counts. :laughing:

The epidemic situation in Shanghai, China is very serious. I stayed at home and left my job recently. I am learning the rust language. At present, I am reading the book of the authoritative guide to rust. I think I have finished my foundation and am learning concurrent programming. After reading this book in about a week, I should write a small rust web program myself. :slight_smile:

I want to write a web program with trust, which may use the Actix-web framework, and then I think I will use Vue.js , the database will select mysql and redis, Do everybody have any good suggestions?

If you want something rustier and if key-value fits your needs, there is sled which is very easy to use. Else, here is a list of db crates:

thanks, I'm watching

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.