What's everyone working on this week (4/2018)?

New week, new Rust! What are you folks up to?

Still stuck on making the pin API in LPC82x HAL safe at compile-time. I have less time to work on this starting this week, so I had hoped to be done by now. Oh well. Better slow progress than no progress, I guess.

Doing my master-thesis-presentation on friday and next week tuesday the last exam, so pretty stuffed with learning.

Despite this: imag-wiki has to be finished and I really should work on notmuch, the high-level abstraction over notmuch-sys. I hope I find some time for this.

More work on uom (type-safe zero-cost dimensional analysis). Last week I made some documentation improvements and implemented a bunch of standard traits: PartialEq, Eq, PartialOrd, Ord, and Default. This week I'm trying to solve a compile time issue (easy question thread) where the "privacy checking" pass is taking nearly three minutes when all features are enabled!

1 Like

I just closed issue #37 because the curves geometry renders fine as hair, but I'm still working on issue #38, the material part for hair. Not only renders C++ different from Rust, but there is also a higher memory consumption and a longer render time (for Rust). First I want to match the images, optimizing comes later ...

Let's see what can be done in the rest of the week :sweat_smile:


Continuing to learn Rust on my Twitch stream by solving CodinGame challenges.

I welcome all Rustaceans to the chat for realtime assistance, I quite need it at times. :slight_smile:


Continuing work on my first clippy lint contribution and learning a lot! I hope to finish that up this week.

Added feature in diwata to detect if bytea data content has an image mime type then render it as such.
I've setup also a demo showcasing the bytea image feature using dota2(a popular game by valve) hero database.

1 Like

Im continuing to work on my photo manager flash. This week I finnished a refactoring project to get me mone step closer to syncronising files between computers.