Rust 1.0 launch event details (action required for event organizers)

We will host a launch event in Florence (Italy), more details by mail.

Would anyone be able to host an event in Chicago?

Just set up a page for a DC meetup! Rust 1.0 Celebration DC Tickets, Fri, May 15, 2015 at 7:00 PM | Eventbrite

If anyone is interested in hosting us (a venue), please contact me at sinistersnare@gmail.com :slight_smile:

The response has been really strong! Here are all the scheduled events I know of right now:

I have contact and shipping info for organizers of all these events, though I'm missing links to event details/signups for some. Let me know if you have that information.

If you are planning to host an event please let me know this weekend. We need to ship swag soon, and with the high demand there may not be enough for stragglers.

We plans a release event in Tokyo (we would use Mozilla Tokyo Office as the place). We have not yet open the event page, but we'll open it until the early in next week.

I've been talking with some people about this, and today I created the Rust Madrid meetup: http://www.meetup.com/Rust-Madrid/events/222118916/ 3-4 people are most likely a sure thing, plus whoever we can attract. Anyone around here?

@brson I hope it's not too late!

I've opened Tokyo meetup event page!: Rust 1.0 Release記念祝賀LT会 - connpass

I've opened Tokyo meetup event page!: Rust 1.0 Release記念祝賀LT会 - connpass

@brson I hope this is not too late. If you contact me, please use saneyuki.s.snyk@gmail.com.
I'm sorry that it's too late to tell you about out event.

Moscow event: Login to Meetup | Meetup

That's it all starts, right? I know at least another co-worker that is excited about Rust.

Anybody considering an event in Rio or at least São Paulo?

Thanks for the info everybody, I'll post an update soon collecting all the details, and contact event organizers about swag.

@tcard @tetsuharu @mkpankov please email me your shipping address.

Seems my email from Apr 26 got lost, so I just forwarded it again. Please check if it got through

Hope I'm not too late - I'm organizing a meetup in Warsaw: Login to Meetup | Meetup

@brson I've sent now!

@brson Looks like the Boston meetup is now official.

@zsiciarz Added it to the list. Please email me your shipping address to banderson@mozilla.com.

The t-shirts have all been allocated to the announced meetups, and we'll ship swag in the next week.