Whilst searching for a GUI framework for Rust, for a semi-pet project, I’ve come across many frameworks for GUIs. Many of them are awesome, but may of them are unstable or dead.
A few that I found include:
- orbTk (one of the best I’ve found.) gitlab origin here.
- GTK-rs (unstable, dependant on GTK and therefore painful on Windows and MacOS)
- Azul (unstable, webrender-based, actively developed)
- Conrod (unstable, incomplete, lacking in documentation)
- Relm (unstable, dependant on GTK and therefore painful on Windows and MacOS)
- Windows GUI (unmaintained, alpha, windows-only)
- Cedar (unstable, uncomplete)
- Limn (unstable, linux-only, inactive)
There are probably others, but they’re hard-to-find, probably with similar problems.
I’m asking for a real app, to be deployed on Windows, MacOS and Linux, to all kinds of people (including power users and accesability tool users), what is the best library to use?