Hey all! I’d like to share a new project with you today:
Source is here:
For every release, we share a thank you list of contributors. For example, see “Contributors to 1.14.0” here: https://blog.rust-lang.org/2016/12/22/Rust-1.14.html
To calculate this info, I have to run some git commands on my local checkout of Rust. That’s kind of annoying, but there’s something worse: this only tracks commits to
rust-lang/rust. People who work on Cargo don’t get credit. People who work on the nursery don’t get credit. Etc. This is really unfair. We should be making sure to give thanks to everyone who works on the project as a whole.
I’ve wanted to rectify this for a long time; well over a year. I finally actually found some time and did it, though. That’s thanks.rust-lang.org.
Now, there’s a few things:
- The code is kind of a mess. It’s using raw hyper master, with tokio.
- It currently still only tracks
- I’m not sold on this design.
- There’s some discrepancy between github and this site. (https://github.com/rust-lang-nursery/thanks/issues/41 )
- it uses nightly for now. with 1.15 it will be on stable; macros 1.1 is the only feature flag.
If you’re interested in helping me whip this into shape, please jump on the issue tracker, I’d love to have some help! There’s still a lot of easy issues to knock out.
EDIT: oh, and one more thing. If you see yourself listed twice, or not listed at all, please either open an issue or send me a PM in some form; we can take care of that. I’ve already found one or two things…