Folks just wanted to let you guys know I have been working on it VS marketplace: rust-analyzer.vs. Please install it play with it and let me know what you think.
Join discord: rust-analyzer
File issues: Issues · kitamstudios/rust-analyzer.vs (github.com)
Join development: kitamstudios/rust-analyzer.vs: Rust language support for Visual Studio (github.com)
The following are functional:
- Build, Clean (errors in Error list with details in output window).
- Debug & Run without debugging.
- Workspace support (continuing to get enhanced as I find more examples).
- Intellisense / Auto-complete / Goto definition / Code actions / Find references etc. all features from Rust language server.
- Tested above features with top Rust OSS projects like cargo, ruffle, iced, geo, ruff, reqwest, wasmtime.
Coming up shortly: examples integration, clippy/fmt, unit testing etc.
It will be very helpful to get some support from active dogfooders from the community. I would also like to talk to anyone interested in their usage patterns to better know what features to implement when.