Rust is SO's 2018 Most Loved Language (Again)

This is an incredible achievement, three years running!! From the 2018 Stack Overflow Developer Survey:

For the third year in a row, Rust is the most loved programming language among our respondents

I wanted to take a moment to take a break from asking the technical Q&A to share how much I appreciate both the culture and the technology the Mozilla Foundation has given all of us.

Especially on IRC, so many great folks like @steveklabnik, @durka, @bluss, @mbrubeck, stephaneyfx, @QuietMisdreavus, alercah, @scottmcm, @nikomatsakis and many others, including the community at large have been so helpful to me getting me unstuck or patiently explaining some aspect of Rust that I had failed to grasp. :slight_smile:

Despite what must be an absolutely massive investment from Mozilla in sponsoring this technology for the past ~12 years, in my case, certainly, and probably for many others as well, without this tremendous, ongoing outreach from the Rust team itself, it is unlikely I would be using Rust in my projects today.

The technology is truly incredible, but its so important to remember that the community makes such a difference--we're very fortunate in that Rust has both going for it.

I wanted to say 'thank you' to everyone who has helped to create something so unique and important.

-U007D

14 Likes

Hi. This was posted here earlier today.

Whoops, I missed that--thanks, @dylan.dpc. :wink:

Don't forget @vitalyd. I've found he's the most helpful guy on this forum (at least for my types of troubles).

6 Likes