Rust Docs: Relative links and linking to other structs

Hi,
So I really want my docs to be as pretty as the ones on the website, but unfortunately I did not find out how to generate docs with relative links. E.g. I have an implementation of PartialOrd and Ord and the Ord panics if PartialOrd returns None (the reason being that I’m waiting for a feature which is on the list of future rust features. after which this will be corrected).

Nevertheless in the docs I want to write something of the sort:
Ord derives directly from [link to PartialOrd implmentation], but do it without a hard link.

I just need a small example that’s all.

You have to write it all manually.

Okay thanks for the answer. I guess it might be worth in some distant future to add this as possible feature, similar to the javadoc syntax.

Yup! It’s just an inherent problem with Markdown, it doesn’t come with any support for this kind of thing.

which is why I never understood the Markdown hype. But hey, Github uses it, it must be great!

which is why I never understood the Markdown hype. But hey, Github uses it, it must be great!

Ease of use is a big part of its appeal. I’ve used ReStructured Text extensively, and it can handle this kind of thing automatically, but is non-trivially more difficult to write correctly. As usual, these kinds of decisions are a tradeoff—and in my opinion the last thing in the world you want to do is make documentation harder to write. :wink: