Executed cargo build via pycharm rust plugin - Bitdefender detected a threat

This is definitely a first. A project I've built just last week and had no issues, today triggered Bitdefender to detect a threat. The only new package I added to this project today was url.
I've been using it in the past, tho not this version, and had no issues.
I've also updated to latest rust (1.50.0) and installed latest xcode tools, followed by cargo sweep.

On cargo build via pycharm rust plugin I got 2 critical threats notifications:

An infected file attempted to run on your device.
Threat name: Gen:Variant.Adware.MAC.OSX.GenieoCA.1
Path:/Users/.../target/debug/deps/pin_project_internal-a78a28cbc37280d4.pin_project_internal.38ziofd5-cgu.6.rcgu.o

And

An infected file attempted to run on your device.
Threat name: Gen:Variant.Adware.MAC.OSX.GenieoCA.1
Path:/Users/.../target/debug/deps/libpin_project_internal-a78a28cbc37280d4.dylib.dSYM/Contents/Resources/DWARF/libpin_project_internal-a78a28cbc37280d4.dylib

Bitdefender deleted these files. I also scanned the whole project, including target dir and the built binary. Everything came back clean so far.
Is there anything else I should? Is there any way to ensure the packages I installed from crates.io are clean? Is it possible that these are false positives due to new rust chain and new os x/xcode tools?

My guess is that its a false positive.

It's starting to look like a false positive. I tried to build another project, smaller with different dependencies, but with url package, and it raised no threats.
I had a number of builds raise exactly same error, looked like same files every time. But a couple hours later Bitdefender got an update and I think since then I'm not getting threat errors. :sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.