Does Rocket support HTTP/2?

Hi. I am now taking a closer look at the various web frameworks available in Rust and while actix-web and warp explicitly mention the support for HTTP/2 , this is not the case with Rocket.

I had trouble finding precise information about Rocket. It does build on top of hyper, right?
If that is the case at least theoretically HTTP/2 support could be easy. But if it is not integrated yet is there any barrier to integrate it? (I can even consider doing myself, as HTTP/2 is a must for me).

1 Like

Rocket is based on hyper 0.13, which does support HTTP/2.

1 Like

Right. Thanks for the answer.

I was browsing the API and found an h1 concept only for HTTP/1.1. - rocket::http::hyper - Rust
But searching the code I did not find any reference for h1. so maybe this concept is gone and the latest version simply relies on hyper.

Ultimately I will test if that works as I expected. But when I created the thread I was expecting someone would have already used it on that way.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.