New week, new Rust! What are you folks up to?
Still contributing to https://github.com/svenstaro/miniserve and having a lot of fun with it.
I’m currently implementing the “download folder” feature, that creates a tar.gz file on the fly so user can download the folder. Also, I filed a PR to tar-rs because I stumbled on an (already known) bug.
Learning Rocket and sketching out a so-called “better link-sharing community”. https://github.com/notriddle/more-interesting
Working on a relative pointer library that will allow safe movable self-referential types.
Making game character health bars. The rushed implementation shows the concept:
Proper implementation would be something like this
- Generate gradient texture
- Generate texture with different colours per pixel (plus padding pixels)
- Generate sprite sheet with 1 pixel sprites
- Entity for bar background
- Entity for actual hp
- (Optional) Entity for outline (visual polish)
- Transform using scaling to alter the “actual hp” length (because texture and sprite sheet are immutable after loading)
- Attach to character entity using
Likely going to push that into Amethyst when it’s done.