TWiR quote of the week

Every so often I am told about some maths fact that I can only assume someone went to prison for discovering

okay sure, igaf whether this compiles

— lcnr, at #t-types/call-for-participation > higher-ranked trait object failure to prove auto-trait @ :speech_balloon:

The noise canceling phone subsidy propagandist was me.

@llogiq on the RustConf Discord

Now you don't have to self-nominate :slight_smile:

Does this qualify as a "quote"?

From #t-infra > meeting 2026-09-21

operational pedantics

—@clarfonthey, Public view of rust-lang | Zulip team chat

wat, r=me

From add a leak check test by lcnr · Pull Request #163271 · rust-lang/rust · GitHub

turns out o-ped is canon now, TWIR has decreed

#t-opsem > Looping opsem into libs changes @ :speech_balloon:

it's an old one from "let's get rusty" but I only just heard it: Rust Ruined My Career (I Can't Go Back) (very tongue-in-cheek!)

The community is obnoxiously helpful. I asked a simple question on the Rust community Discord server. What is the best way to read a file in Rust? I expected a straightforward response. Instead, I got back a 2,000-word essay on the inner workings of IO, buffering, error handling, and ownership, plus links to four different blog posts and three different approaches depending on file size, and a working code example.

...

The Rust community has weaponized education against me. I'm now a better engineer than I was yesterday against my will.

cursed knowledge helps with breaking things

—@maxdex, Public view of rust-lang | Zulip team chat

There's another good qoute a few lines down:

opsem is the crusher of dreams