Rust 1.48.0 milestone (record in closed issues)

Hi, I am just wondering since I did not find any more visible news about it, but why does the Rust 1.48.0 milestone have more closed issues than any other Rust release ever?

The link you posted shows Pull Requests not issues. We've only started tracking which release PRs are merged into with the 1.48 release (you'll notice there's only two releases on the GitHub page: 1.48 and 1.49). The 1.49 merge window opened earlier this week which is why it has fewer closed PRs.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply,
yes I know that there are just 2 open milestones, but even than the number of closed issues on 1.48 is surprisingly high. I was just wondering whether its just a lot of small PRs, or some big changes are coming in 1.48?

Pull request volume for rust-lang/rust is just generally quite high. While there is an upward trend in the number of PRs, I don't think 1.48 is unusually high for any reason. I believe it's fairly average in terms of the number of PRs merged lately.

If you want to see more historical data, the rustc PR tracking dashboard has lots of information.

I was just wondering whether its just a lot of small PRs, or some big changes are coming in 1.48

There's a lot of variance but my guess is that most PRs are small to medium in size. Even large features are usually developed incrementally via a series of smaller PRs rather than one large PR with the completed feature.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.