Failure 1.0.0 on March 15

I'll be releasing the 1.0 version of failure on March 15, three weeks from today. Feel free to read more about it here:

26 Likes

As a mostly-hobbyist programmer who used to be intimidated by proper error handling, let me say: thank you very much for the care put into Failure's design and documentation. My current project has pretty robust error handling for the first time!

I especially appreciate how the documentation lays out the API's usage patterns and guides you toward choosing the right one for your project. Looking forward to 1.0!

7 Likes

Great news! Thank you for your effort!

Your crate is already very helpful.

@withoutboats maybe you could publish failure 1.0.0-beta so that one could try it now?

1 Like

I finally had a chance to dig into failure and wrote up my experience.

9 Likes

@withoutboats Any update on the status of this?

Great post, it was very enlightening for me to read such concrete feedback. I am sure it will be useful to the team!

p.s. the header

My Recent Failures

made me go :laughing:

1 Like

@withoutboats any update on the 1.0 release? :slight_smile:

Any update on the 1.0 release?

I hope it doesn't seem gauche to give this one more bump. I have a project using failure, and while it's been working well for my needs, I do wonder about it sometimes when, for instance, trying to reduce the number of chronically-at-0.1 dependencies.

Has this simply been delayed? Is there a better-favored error handling library, now? failure was being recommended as best in class when I started this project.

1 Like

See GitHub - rust-lang-deprecated/failure: Error management and linked RFC.

6 Likes