Crate of the Week

Agreed! Thanks @nasa42 for kickstarting it with a host of good suggestions! (and also for tirelessly editing TWiR! :heart: )

3 Likes

simdeez looks kind of cool, though I have never used it.

1 Like

I'll cheekily nominate my own crate, paste, which is a pastebin anyone can run that's made to take on Gist, written almost completely in Rust (there are Ruby shims to call Rust code via sidekiq).

1 Like

I'd like to nominate Rutie (pronounced Rue-Tie) which is “the Tie between Ruby and Rust”. This crate is an official fork, and continuation, of both the Ruru crate and the ruby-sys crate.

2 Likes

ngx-rust - Official Rust binding for NGINX.

5 Likes

rav1e - The fastest and safest AV1 encoder from Xiph.Org Foundation.

6 Likes

Argh @nasa42, how do you keep doing this? So much tasty Rust stuff, it is hard to choose! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Mostly copy-paste from r/rust subreddit. :wink:

1 Like

Taizen - a TUI Wikipedia browser.

4 Likes

Percy - A modular toolkit for building isomorphic web apps with Rust + WebAssembly.

1 Like

cargo-update - keep all crates installed via cargo up to date (even git ones)

I don't know if it does qualify, it was mentioned in New Crates section almost two years ago but never was a Crate of the Week

3 Likes

font-kit - Cross-platform font loading library written in Rust.

4 Likes

once_cell: "Rust library for single assignment cells and lazy statics without macros"

1 Like

cargo-light: "A cargo plugin to list usages of shadowed variables in your rust code"

1 Like

warp: "A super-easy, composable, web framework for warp speeds"

5 Likes

unidiff - a git diff/patch format parser. Using it in a personal project and it works great. It also supports hg and svn.

2 Likes

Sequoia - A new OpenPGP implementation written in Rust.

3 Likes

bobbin-sdk is a butiful library for embedded development (CortexM devices)

1 Like

tower-web: "A fast, boilerplate free, web framework for Rust "
Blog post: "Tower Web — A new web framework for Rust"

3 Likes

joinery: "A Rust library for generically joining iterables with a separator"