Crate of the Week

In the great tradition of tooting one's own horn, I'd like to suggest mutagen, a mutation testing framework for Rust. There has been some work since the last release and the next one is around the corner...

2 Likes

Nannou - An open-source creative-coding framework for Rust.

5 Likes

Oxy - A security focused remote access tool written in Rust. (alternative to SSH).

1 Like

C2Rust - C to Rust translation, refactoring, and cross-checking.

4 Likes

cargo-geiger - Detects usage of unsafe Rust in your project and its dependencies.

11 Likes

I'd like to nominate datafrog by Frank McSherry

In the words of @nikomatsakis on his blogpost MIR-based borrow check (NLL) status update:

[the] analysis is now easily as fast as the existing Nightly analysis, thanks some smarter encoding of the rules as well as the move to use datafrog.

(emphasis mine)

Anything that helps the borrowchecker iterate faster towards NLL is a foundational blessing to the entire ecosystem, and deserves as much recognition as it can get! :heart:

13 Likes

I would like to suggest my crate because I also need help with it :D.
It is a lib + cli to put csv files in a memory sqlite to allow queries over those files.
https://crates.io/crates/csv-query

3 Likes

A lot of cool stuff this week. I am impressed :heart:

1 Like

Agreed! Thanks @nasa42 for kickstarting it with a host of good suggestions! (and also for tirelessly editing TWiR! :heart: )

3 Likes

simdeez looks kind of cool, though I have never used it.

1 Like

I'll cheekily nominate my own crate, paste, which is a pastebin anyone can run that's made to take on Gist, written almost completely in Rust (there are Ruby shims to call Rust code via sidekiq).

1 Like

I'd like to nominate Rutie (pronounced Rue-Tie) which is “the Tie between Ruby and Rust”. This crate is an official fork, and continuation, of both the Ruru crate and the ruby-sys crate.

2 Likes

ngx-rust - Official Rust binding for NGINX.

5 Likes

rav1e - The fastest and safest AV1 encoder from Xiph.Org Foundation.

6 Likes

Argh @nasa42, how do you keep doing this? So much tasty Rust stuff, it is hard to choose! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Mostly copy-paste from r/rust subreddit. :wink:

1 Like

Taizen - a TUI Wikipedia browser.

4 Likes

Percy - A modular toolkit for building isomorphic web apps with Rust + WebAssembly.

1 Like

cargo-update - keep all crates installed via cargo up to date (even git ones)

I don't know if it does qualify, it was mentioned in New Crates section almost two years ago but never was a Crate of the Week

3 Likes

font-kit - Cross-platform font loading library written in Rust.

4 Likes