CGN #10: Compiling Rust to your Browser (Monday, 2016-09-05)

curious? excited? Then join our next Rust meetup in Cologne / Germany. :wink:

Our current agenda is:

• Why I hate garbage collectors - by Arne Claus
  • Compiling Rust to asm.js - by Jan-Erik
  • Special hands-on(*): After this session you will be able to compile a hello world style program from Rust to JavaScript and run it in your browser.
  • discussion / informal talk

*Note: This requires Docker to run. There will be a version of play.rust-lang.org that can be used as well.

This meetup will be on Monday, 2016-09-05 at the Chaos Computer Club Cologne, as usual. You can enjoy some drinks, meet nice people and discuss about Rust.

Details and registration: http://www.meetup.com/RustCologne/events/233139845/

The meetup will likely be held in German, we will however reevaluate this at the meetup and may switch to English if needed.

I’d really love to see the slides for the Rust to asm.js and Special hands-on talks. Will you be recording the talks?

Not sure about the recording. I will, however, provide the material (once I have made some).

I’m also rather hoping for recordings, since there’s sadly no way for me to get there.

@badboy, aren’t you going to give more or less the same talk at the RustBeltRust Conference? Maybe you could drop the time and location here, so interested people have another chance to see it. :wink:

I’m also hoping for recordings +1 :slight_smile:

I’m giving some kind of workshop at Rust Belt Rust, happening on the 27th of October (followed by a day with talks on the 28th).
The Cologne Talk will be similar, but of course more time-limited then the one in Pittsburgh.

is there a recording of this? wanna link it here?

Yes, it is recorded but not yet released. We link to it once it’s finished

PS: This is the status (almost done)

Recordings are published now:
“Why I hate garbage collectors” by Arne Claus
"Compiling Rust to asm.js" by Jan-Erik Rediger