Hi there all, I am just starting to learn Rust and I think I stumbled upon a bug with the rurt-analyzer for VS Code. I'm going through The Rust Programming Language book and just finished Chapter 8.3. When I tried to make a project to solve the three exercises at the end of the chapter, I happened upon a problem where the rust-analyzer stopped working suddenly. Restarting it does not solve it; no suggestions, no linting, nothing. I have seen this problem before but only on some projects (I assumed it was due to me being on Windows instead of Linux or another UNIX system). Although this time I decided to try to find what caused it. I searched on the web but no one seemed to have the same exact problem as me or at least I did not find it.
Anyhow, I think it is caused due to an extra parent directory of the cargo project. My file hierarchy is as follows:
The issue with the rust-analyzer only occurred for the "problematic_project" and the other project (working_project) worked fine (you might need to reload VSCode tho).
For reference, the version of the rust-analyzer I use is:
rust-analyzer version: 0.3.1369-standalone (ff4d55e48 2023-01-15)
and VS code version: