is there any documentation on how to build a standalone Win32 app through MSVC?
Current issues I have:
- When I rename the binary it crashes while reading the registry. I’ll try to work out a case to reproduce it but it’s really extremely weird…
- When I run it on XP it says that this is not a valid XP application. My shallow knowledge is that this can be fixed by passing “some flags” to MSVC
- When I run it there’s always a console window showing. Needs another flag passed to MSVC
- When I run it on a box without Visual Studio installed, I used to get an error dialog complaining about some runtime dll missing. (will try to reproduce it, is currently shadowed by missing OpenSSL DLL errors that I’ll try to work on). Is this the missing piece of “Completely remove the dependence on the CRT” on this issue? https://github.com/rust-lang/rfcs/issues/1061
- What’s the convention to put resource files? It’s not mentioned here http://doc.crates.io/guide.html#project-layout
So… what’s the best way to pass linker ops to MSVC? And what is the best place to document how to build a proper windows app?
Thanks in advance for your insights!