[Solved] First issue with lifetimes

Well, I finally got it to compile how I wanted, and it actually works ! (took me about 2 days to understand how it works and to realize that it didn't work the first time because I forgot to pass the tcp stream as a reference)

pub enum Type<'a> {
    Sftp {
        session: &'a ssh2::Session,
        sftp: ssh2::Sftp<'a>,
    }
}

impl<'a> Type<'a> {
    pub fn new_sftp(sess: &'a mut ssh2::Session, username: &'a str, password: &'a str, tcp: &TcpStream) -> Type<'a> {
        sess.handshake(tcp).expect("No handshake, no like");
        sess.userauth_password(username, password).expect("Wrong username / password");

Type::Sftp {
            session: sess,
            sftp: sess.sftp().unwrap(),
        }
    }
}

(This is an Enum because there will be more that just Sftp. Ftps will soon be added too. I thought it would be great to have everything at the same place. Then I make private functions to manipulate files and get the list of directories, call them in my action_handler function (that gets a json from the client) and I'm all good.)

This almost works like I want. The only thing is that I need to create the tcp stream and ssh2 session outside.

This will be good enough, I can now say that this issue is solved. Sftp still takes .3 seconds to connect but, since I've been working on rust-ftp to make it work, this won't be an issue.