Significant Increase in Fat LTO Time Post Update to rustc 1.75.0-nightly

I recently updated my Rust compiler from version rustc 1.74.0-nightly (b4e54c6e3 2023-09-11) to rustc 1.75.0-nightly (df871fbf0 2023-10-24) and observed a drastic increase in the time taken to perform the final Fat LTO on my project. Specifically, the Fat LTO time increased from 3436 seconds (on version 1.74.0-nightly) to a staggering 7126 seconds on the newer 1.75.0-nightly version.

I wanted to bring this to the community’s attention and seek insights into whether this is a known issue with the recent nightly build, or if there are any workarounds or optimizations that I could apply to mitigate this substantial increase in compilation time.

Any assistance or insight from the community would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

If you don't get many responses here, you might also want to post this on the internals forums. That's where a lot of people working on the language tend to hang out.

Thanks

For anyone interested in following the discussion or contributing further, you can find the new thread here: Significant Increase in Fat LTO Time Post Update to rustc 1.75.0-nightly - Rust Internals

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.