Questions on how to specify native libraries to link with cargo

I am a beginner learning rust recently been having a hard time finding a fix on how to specify native libraries to link with cargo on my windows, the error message i usually get is stateed below :
''use the cargo:rustc-link-lib directive to specify the native libraries to link with Cargo ''
Any help is highly appreciated,, thanks

It depends which library. This error may just be caused by misconfiguration of vscode or obsolete extern crate syntax, or a buggy dependency, or may require to write a sys wrapper for the library.

Which library are you trying to link to?

i'm using intellij IDEA, i'm lost on which particular library to connect to, the error occurs when i try to build my project, the error code is stated this way, ''use the cargo:rustc-link-lib directive to specify the native libraries to link with Cargo''

Do you get the same error when using VS Code or when running cargo build from terminal?

It looks like something has added incorrect linker flags. It could be the IDE trying to run rustc directly not understanding Cargo, or one of your Cargo dependencies having a build.rs script that depends on system libraries, but sets them incorrectly.

yeaa it's same error when using vscode although prior to this it was saying i needed a c++ compiler , i downloaded mingw, hoping it would fix the issue but this error started popping up..

Can you post the full error? cargo build --verbose

ok sending thanks for helping so far bruh

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.