If I am going to build GUI 3D modelling application, which crate is more suitable?

Hi I wanted to know the difference between egui and fltk-rs GUI creation?

If I am going to build GUI 3D modelling application, which crate would be more suitable?

For 3D modeling, you'll probably see little difference, since most of the screen (i.e. the model itself) you'll have to draw manually anyway.

For something like this, where I have a renderec scene and some buttons on the side which would be written using the GUI libraries, which one would you say is more suitable?

The one you personally can understand better. This shouldn't be a bottleneck anyway.

I do have one concern in regards to egui. Is it possible to use retained mode instead of intermediate mode?

It's not, immediate mode is egui's main thing. I've used egui + microquad for a simple app and it was pretty nice. I think it'd scale to more complex UIs, because immediate mode is easier to program for.

I see, thanks, over on this new post I made, which one has more overhead, retained mode or immediate continous mode?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.