Crate of the Week

procspawn lets us spin up processes with a Thread::spawn-like interface.

3 Likes

jlrs - Julia bindings for Rust.

4 Likes

pointer-utils - A collection of small utilities for working with pointer types in Rust.

3 Likes

waitlist - A queue of std::task::Wakers that can be woken in order, or all at once. Useful for building synchronization structures between tasks in async rust (mutexes, condition variables, channels, etc).

1 Like

I would like to self-nominate wundergraph here. It provides a static graphql API based on a relational database. It's build on top of diesel and juniper.

6 Likes

cow-utils-rs: Copy-on-write string utilities for Rust.

3 Likes

Kibi - A text editor in ≤1024 lines of code, written in Rust.

6 Likes

prodash - is a dashboard for displaying progress of concurrent applications.

plotly for rust - Although it may seem like self-promoting I have to say having a plotting library that's on par with what's available in Python has allowed me to reach for Rust more often.

3 Likes

I'm interested, but the link is broken.

It looks like prodash has moved to GitHub - Byron/prodash: report progress of concurrent applications and display it in various ways

1 Like

I'll nominate process_control. It makes it easy to terminate a process after a timeout, which is surprisingly difficult to do correctly. Different platforms have different types of identifiers, and some may be recycled for other processes.

2 Likes

beef::Cow Alternative implementation of Cow that's more compact in memory.

6 Likes

flume - A blazingly fast multi-producer, single-consumer channel.

5 Likes

Alchemy - An experimental GUI framework for Rust, backed by per-platform native widgets.

Alchemy's readme says it's unmaintained.

async-recursion - A procedural attribute macro to automatically transform async functions so that they can run recursively.

1 Like

stork Impossibly fast web search, made for static sites.

A strange one to recommend because it isn't actually on crates.io (a different crate called stork is). I think it is a very cool use of rust to make a combined binary tool and wasm js library

2 Likes

explaine.rs: An interactive Rust syntax playground

8 Likes

i nominate iced, a gui library that just had its 0.1 release:

https://github.com/hecrj/iced/pull/253

This crate was previously nominated by @nasa42 in September, but didn't make it, so i'm nominating it again.

4 Likes