Crate of the Week

A simple and synchronous web framework, URL routing with plain fn pointer, and optional Template and Database feature supported.

Darkbird 4.0.0 !!!

Full featured in-memory document oriented storage
also supports

@ FullText Search operation

@ Materialized View

@ Migration

@ Rich Indexing

1 Like

I would like to nominate envious: "envious allows you to deserialize your serde enabled structs from environment variables".

5 Likes

darkbird 5.0.0 :bomb::star2:

Full featured realtime, in-memory database !!!!

Migrated from storage to Database world !!!
provided schema builder and all operation do with database layer

● Schema Builder
● Database level

[self-nomination]

scannedpdf is a simple images to pdf crate.
It's fast, with low memory footprint(usually lower than 100Mb) and unicode outlines(bookmarks) support.

I made this because I need to combine thousands of images into a single PDF.

4 Likes

bkmr
Fast CLI bookmark manager and launcher.

Features:

• full-text search with semantic ranking
  • fuzzy search --fzf (CTRL-O: open, CTRL-E: edit)
  • tags for classification
  • ... more
2 Likes

Darkbird 6.0.0
full featured database

● Materialized view
● Migration
● Atomic operation
● Key Expiration

1 Like

[self-nomination]
Goku
An HTTP load testing application written in Rust.

1 Like

I’d like to nominate dyn_vec. Allows for storing Unsized dyn types in continuous memory via a quasi-stack / vec like data structure and avoiding the need to box every single dyn trait object individually. There’s a few similar crates already published that do something similar, but this one is by far the most ergonomic I’ve found.

This Man In The Middle Proxy for HTTP/1, HTTP/2, and WebSockets with SSL/TLS Capabilities.

I'd like to nominate duplicate: an (almost) zero-dependency proc macro crate, which allows easy parametric code duplication. No more writing ad hoc macro_rules! with broken formatting and intellisense! This crate allows you to write your functions, types and impls as normal, with all the usual tooling benefits, and substitute certain identifiers with multiple (token) expressions.

This is particularly invaluable when writing tests for various integer types. No longer do you need to choose between readability and code deduplication!

11 Likes

I'd like to nominate https://crates.io/crates/include_dir it just saved my week

4 Likes

[self-nomination]

I'd like to nominate mockito - a HTTP mocking library for Rust with a sync & async interface, support for multiple hosts/servers, spying, complex matchers, and other goodies.

boilermates – A boilerplate generator for similar structs

I'd like to nominate Cornucopia which just kept a ton of bad SQL editing bugs from escaping my development environment. It's exactly what I need and I wish I had brought it into my code a lot sooner.

Nominating Speedy2D --- simple, minimal API for building interactive programs. Speedy2D gives you:

• Window
  • Event loop
  • Canvas backed by a GPU
  • Text rendering
8 Likes

Thanks, Alex, for pointing out Speedy2D!

tokio-tungstenite
This crate is based on tungstenite-rs Rust WebSocket library and provides Tokio bindings and wrappers for it, so you can use it with non-blocking/asynchronous TcpStream s from and couple it together with other crates from Tokio stack.

I would like to self-nominate nix-init, a tool to generate Nix packages from URLs with dependency inference for Rust packages. It just got its first release on crates.io which can be compiled without Nix.

2 Likes

with the recent release of faer 0.5, i would like to self-nominate it again. faer is a collection of linear algebra libraries with a focus on correctness, portability, and high performance that matches or surpasses the commonly used C/C++ libraries.

the latest release adds an implementation of the singular value decomposition that uses state of the art algorithms and manages to beat basically every other library i've benchmarked against.

https://crates.io/crates/faer

7 Likes