I just released cargo-cache 0.3.0 which features support for alternative registries!
So far, alternative registries have have just sorta worked, the crate didn't crash (I think...) but I had never actually tested it in ci. With 0.3.0 there is a new subcommand
cargo cache registry or shorter
cargo cache r which will display a cache summary for each crate registry, a lot of internal refactoring has gone into this:
Total: 3.81 GB 107 installed binaries: 916.89 MB Registry: 163.43 MB Registry index: 156.47 MB 5 crate archives: 6.96 MB Registry: dl.cloudsmith.io 4.18 KB Registry index: 3.21 KB 1 crate archives: 971 B Registry: github.com 1.34 GB Registry index: 98.51 MB 5522 crate archives: 812.62 MB 743 crate source checkouts: 426.25 MB Registry: home 478 B Registry index: 478 B Registry: ship.rs 478 B Registry index: 478 B Git db: 1.40 GB 138 bare git repos: 1.37 GB 6 git repo checkouts: 23.53 MB
(There are a couple of weird registries in there from when I tried making one myself by cloning the crates.io index)
The default summary (cmd:
cargo cache) prints a summary of all registries combined as before. In addition it now shows the number of cloned registry indices and compared to previous versions the output is a little bit more condensed.
cargo cache --info was taught about the registry index.
cargo cache --autoclean --dry-run will now print an estimate of space that would be freed:
dry-run: would remove: '/home/matthias/.cargo/registry/src' (624.27 MB) dry-run: would remove: '/home/matthias/.cargo/git/checkouts' (23.53 MB)
As usual, dependencies have been updated, I also managed to shave off a few by building git2 without default features resulting in reduced buildtime of the crate.
As usual, if you find a bug or have ideas for further improvements, please let me know!