What's everyone working on this week (49/2020)?

New week, new Rust! What are you folks up to?

I still haven't finished the test stand for Step/Dir. This has been one of those projects where I discover new problems around every corner. But I'm making progress, so assuming the number of hidden problems is finite, I'll finish at some point.

Building rustdoc without having to build the compiler first. This will be a lot of work :sweat_smile: but it will make things a ton easier for new contributors - I estimate compile times will go from ~25 minutes to ~30 seconds - and hopefully will attract new people to the project :slight_smile:

1 Like

I'm currently exploring Typestates in Rust!

There still is a long way to go and a lot to explore

I've been busy porting Aura to Rust.

1 Like

I'm tinkering with a modular implementation of the DjVu document format. Haven't gotten to the hard part (the compression algorithms and image encoding/decoding) yet, but I'm making progress on the basic parsing tasks and it's a lot of fun.

(Still) completing the Ray Tracer Challenge. I should have some time left to dedicate to studying; the candidates are Programming Rust, Hands-On Data Structures and Algorithms in Rust, and Learn Rust With Entirely Too Many Linked Lists.

Been a while since I made one of these. I burnt out a bit back in September.

Spent some time getting FlowBetween to compile & run on M1 hardware now it's out. Release builds are still not signing properly, but debug builds run fine from XCode: I've noticed that aarch64-apple-darwin executables seem to need re-signing before they'll run so I suspect that something similar applies to dylibs.

Working on some new tools to flesh out the application proper now: the Lasso tool is what I'm hoping to get working this week.

I've released Desync 0.7.0 and flo_curves 0.4.0 last week. Desync has a bunch of fixes driven by work on FlowBetween, and flo_curves now has a path_cut() function, which is what I need for the lasso tool.

I finished a PR to uom (type-safe zero-cost dimensional analysis) to allow for units (meter, foot, ...) to be defined for existing systems outside that system. Once merged and released this will allow users to create their own custom units for uom's SI system without sending a PR upstream. PR's still welcome and desired however!

1 Like

Codec2 highly compressed speech codec in pure Rust with no dependencies.
https://crates.io/crates/codec2

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.