What's everyone working on this week (38/2016)?

New week, new Rust! What are you folks up to?

Continuing to clean up my Elasticsearch client; I've got the elastic_hyper client and elastic_types mapping/serde provider in their own org repos.

I've also had some fun messing around with an asynchronous HTTP client in rotor which uses crossbeam for sending requests to a connection pool and futures for returning responses. It's creatively named elastic_rotor. It's still really rough though.

I gave my Getting Into Rust talk at an internal conference last week, which went positively.

This week is more tidying,

Investing time on figured out where to take the UI for ProDBG. I wrote something about it here Rethinking UI – ProDBG – Debugging the way it's meant to be done

2 Likes

Working on eeyore (issue triaging bot, think bors but for issues), because there's nothing like adding pressure on yourself by telling the whole world! :wink:

4 Likes

Published a microcrate (single macro) https://crates.io/crates/trait-group since it was asked for again on irc. The existence of docs.rs has lowered the bar further for the work needed to publish crates (and their docs).

5 Likes