What's everyone working on this week (32/2022)?

New week, new Rust! What are you folks up to?

This week I've been hacking on my Rust implementation of the OpenSCAD CAD engine.

I'm really happy with the parser I've got so far. I took a lot of inspiration from the way rust-analyzer does things and have found the idea of untyped syntax trees + resilient parsing to be really elegant. @matklad's Explaining Rust Analyzer series has been absolutely invaluable and taught me a lot about parser/compiler architecture!

Next, I'm going to implement more of my tree-walking interpreter so I can get a better feel for the language and execution model, with the long term goal of building a proper compiler for use with Fornjot's CAD engine.

3 Likes

Spurred on by Rust 1.63 adding an application manifest to rustc.exe on Windows when compiled with MSVC tools, I figured out how to add one with inline assembly on GNU target environments. Iā€™m perversely proud of this code.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.