What's everyone working on this week (28/2018)?


#1

New week, new Rust! What are you folks up to?


#2

I’ve started seriously studying statistics in order to implement something to solve https://users.rust-lang.org/t/how-to-test-statistical-properties-of-the-range-of-a-function in a way that feels… well, strong enough :sweat_smile: . So far, I’ve learned a lot! Jesus, statistics is a way more thorough and strong theory than I’d thought. I’m having fun :slight_smile:

(I’m currently studying from Statistical Inference by George. Casella Roger L Berger)


#3

Diwata

  • Make improvements on the client-side of diwata resizing the window now appropriately resize the fields.
  • Implemented code for imposing security on the server side. The db-url contains the super-user credentials and the database the app has to connect to. Meanwhile, turning on the login-required configuration will force the user(database users) to provide credentials to use the app. This users is the database roles which can be configured using the database server user/role interfaces (SQL, roles functions).
  • Tables, columns and rows configured to be restricted to specific roles will NOT be displayed in the web-client as opposed to previous (it displayed everything).

#4

Continuing the thermodynamic temperature vs. temperature interval saga in uom (type-safe zero-cost dimensional analysis). But this time I have a PR with a lot of the work done. There are rough edges, but the end is in sight.


#5

Trying to get unwind-rs to work on OS-X. I’m reading the eh_frame headers ok (PR for findshlibs to come) and now trying to pass them to unwind-rs. Fingers crossed!