What's everyone working on this week (26/2021)?

New week, new Rust! What are you folks up to?

I'm working on an OS (started in 2019). I don't have a lot -- I've been really busy with college and GSoC now so haven't really had much time to dedicate to it. That, and its gone through some major alterations.
I'm hoping to make it a unique microkernel. Limited number of syscalls, as much in user space as possible, that kind of thing. While simultaneously making it secure, fast, and, of course, safe. I've started a list of things that've been done and things that need to get done over here.
The OS was originally started for educational purposes, since this project was my first in embedded systems/OS development. I'd love help though and I'd love if it got somewhere. Even if its only used on a few devices, that would be awesome. This is my first big project.
A while back someone suggested that I take this to hacker news to ask for contributors but every time I considered it I wondered what I'd say. I wasn't really sure how to present it. I'm not deliberately trying to compete with any of the major OSes.
But like I said before, I'd love help. The todo list is small right now and I'm pretty sure there's a lot more that needs to be added. But that list is a good start.
I haven't converted any of the items into issues yet, but if I need to do that for TWiR (I'm considering announcing it there and it said that I'd need to link to issues, but there are so many things that need to get done :D) I can do that.

2 Likes

I'm working on computational geometry with in-browser examples: https://rgeometry.org/

Finished the random generation of polygons. Now working on ear-clipping triangulation. Visibility algorithms are up next.

I'm working on a CLI tool for finding dead code & unused exports from TypeScript codebases. It uses swc for parsing, and quite a lot of my own code for name resolution and other analysis. It was inspired by a tool called ts-prune, but it is dramatically faster and uses much less memory.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.