What's everyone working on this week (22/2021)?

New week, new Rust! What are you folks up to?

I'm working on Computational Geometry with rust/wasm: https://rgeometry.org

3 Likes

I'm working with my editors at PragProg to prepare Hands-on Rust for final release (paperback and e-book) at the end of the month (hopefully; if Murphy rears his ugly head, it'll be early July). The final manuscript is in, so I have a little time while the layout and production people work their magic.

I'm also working away on the last sections before final edit of a new tutorial series, The Making of SecBot. SecBot was a 7-day roguelike challenge entry, building a complete (small) roguelike in a week. I decided that instead of a behemoth like the roguelike tutorial I released previously, I'd do something small and focused: so it walks you through each section of development with a view from the trenches, making mistakes, triaging and sweating to get a completed game going in a week. I'm about 4/7ths of the way through the tutorial now, aim to be basically complete by the end of the week - and then spend a day or two improving the text, adding WASM demos per stage, and making the tutorial flow better.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.