What’s everyone working on this week (14/2018)?


#1

New week, new Rust! What are you folks up to?


#2

The past few weeks I was feeling a bit under the weather and didn’t get as much done as I wanted to.
To combat that, I decided to go to the Rust Learn/Hack Meetup in Berlin which happened together with the #rustallhands last week.

The atmosphere at the meetup was super nice and reminded me how it used to be with Ruby a few years ago, but even better. I managed to run clippy on a bunch of bigger repos to look for crashes and false-positives.

Additionally, I met Manishearth and talked briefly with oli-obk who asked me if I wanted to help out with the clippy issue tracker.

So, uh, I guess now I’m part of the clippy team?

Over the weekend I already closed a bunch of old issues that had been fixed previously and this week I want to continue with verifying issues and also hope to fix one or two bugs.


#3

Lots of review for PRs for uom (type-safe zero-cost dimensional analysis). Thanks /u/Aehmlo and /u/nemo157!


#4

I’ve been continuing to work on my digital signal analyzer monocle. Last week I made my first readings of signals and sent them to display. This week I’m going to come up with a nice way to make render that data in a nice graph.

That’s turning out to be harder than I thought it would be. You got to make sure that you can render signals at lengths varying from a couple of seconds down to microseconds and store them somehow. For now i’m adapting some graph rendering which I wrote for my weather station


#5

Made the toolbar of diwata responsive.

  • Notice the toolbar button text hides when the display is small
  • Moves the text down when there is medium space
  • Expands the buttons horizontally when the display is big.

#6

I worked on the parser and added spotlights, so I can debug my test scene for Metropolis Light Transport (MLT). I did not add support for a medium yet, which we finally need for participating media, but first I want to fix at least one other bug, which occurs if I use bidirectional path tracing (bdpt) instead. I already mentioned that bug in the release notes, but the issue 46 I will work on this week will also deal with the media. So once I can render correctly with “bdpt” I will switch back to “mlt” (see issue 43):