VSCode doesn't show all of my tasks

I know this is a lame question, but can anybody help me figure out why VSCode is not finding all of the tasks I have listed in my tasks.json file? For reference, I have created this file as I am working through "Discovery" Embedded Rust book, and its examples maintained at: https://github.com/rust-embedded/discovery.git. I guess I can't upload my tasks.json file, so I'll just pasted it below.

{
	"version": "2.0.0",
	"tasks": [
		{
			"type": "cargo",
			"subcommand": "build",
			"options": {
				"cwd": "${workspaceFolder}/src/05-led-roulette/"
			},
			"problemMatcher": [
				"$rustc"
			],
			"group": "build",
			"label": "Build 05-led-roulette (Debug)"
		},
		{
			"type": "shell",
			"command": "cargo build --target thumbv7em-none-eabihf --release",
				"cwd": "${workspaceFolder}/src/05-led-roulette/"
			},
				"$rustc"
			],
			"label": "Build 05-led-roulette (Release)"
		},
		{
				"cwd": "${workspaceFolder}/src/06-hello-world/",
			},
				"$rustc"
			],
			"label": "Build 06-hello-world (Debug)"
		},
		{
				"cwd": "${workspaceFolder}/src/07-registers/"
			},
				"$rustc"
			],
			"label": "Build 07-registers (Debug)"
		},
		{
			"type": "shell",
			"command": "cargo build --target thumbv7em-none-eabihf --release",
				"cwd": "${workspaceFolder}/src/07-registers/"
			},
				"$rustc"
			],
			"label": "Build 07-registers (Release)"
		}
	]
}

VSCode doesn't find the "Build 06-hello-world (Debug)" tasks when I attempt to run the "Tasks: Run Task" command.
It does find it, if I delete the "Build 07-registers (Debug)" task, though. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
I guess I could ask on a VSCode forum. Or perhaps I could raise an issue on the "rust-lang" extension GitHub project. Or I could ask here. I started here because I have received so much help from this community in the past.

Thanks for any tips.

--wpd

Are you talking about the pull down menu in the panel? Mine don't show up there, either. I get them by running them with F1 and Run Task.

When I choose "Run Task", I see all of the tasks except the "Build 06-hello-world (Debug)" task.

I think that it might be a funny interaction with the "cargo" task type. I just changed all of the tasks to be "type": "shell" (with "command": "cargo build") and that seems to have made this problem go away.

I guess I don't understand the point or correct usage of the "type": "cargo" task.

--wpd

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.