Ureq 2.0.0 released

Ureq is a simple, safe HTTP client. We recently made some significant changes in response to user feedback. The most significant is that we started returning Result<Response, Error> from requests instead of attaching errors to the Response objects. We've also improved our Error objects to provide more details, and make it easy to extract a Response from an Error when needed. And we've increased the emphasis on using a shared Agent to configure timeouts, connection pooling, TLS settings, and proxy settings.

Try it out, and let us know what you think!

Thanks,
Jacob

6 Likes

This looks quite good at first glance. One thing I can't quickly find out is: does it support multipart form data?

Thank you!

Not currently. There's some discussion at Any example of multipart post? · Issue #120 · algesten/ureq · GitHub, linking to example code using the multipart crate here: Rust Example for ureq + multipart · GitHub.

Congratulations! I've already found a bug :laughing:

Seriously though, thanks so much for working with me and @BurntSushi on the new Result API, I appreciate you being so responsive to feedback :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the bug finding and fixing! :smiley: And seriously, I greatly appreciate all the feedback you gave - it's so much easier to design an API in collaboration with the people who use it.

1 Like