Unable to Call Function Defined on Trait

I'm writing a little math library to start applying some of the Rust concepts I've learned from reading the documentation, and I've hit a snag. I've defined this trait in my math module:

pub trait TransformPoint<T> {
    fn transform_point(&self, point: &T) -> T;
}

I've implemented for my Mat2 type like so:

impl math::TransformPoint<Vec2> for Mat2 {
    /// Find the resulting vector given a vector and matrix
    ///
    /// # Examples
    /// ```
    /// use vex::Mat2;
    /// use vex::Vec2;
    /// let m = Mat2::construct(1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0);
    /// let v = Vec2::construct(1.0, 2.0);
    /// let actual = m.transform_point(&v);
    /// let expected = Vec2::construct(7.0, 10.0);
    /// assert_eq!(actual, expected);
    /// ```
    fn transform_point(&self, point: &Vec2) -> Vec2 {
        Vec2::construct(
            self.m11() * point.x + self.m12() * point.y,
            self.m21() * point.x + self.m22() * point.y,
        )
    }
}

I can build it just fine with cargo build, but my documentation test fails with this error stating that transform_point() isn't defined for Vec2:

---- src/mat2.rs - mat2::Mat2::transform_point (line 614) stdout ----
error[E0599]: no method named `transform_point` found for type `vex::Mat2` in the current scope
 --> src/mat2.rs:619:16
  |
8 | let actual = m.transform_point(&v);
  |                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  |
  = help: items from traits can only be used if the trait is in scope
help: the following trait is implemented but not in scope, perhaps add a `use` for it:
  |
3 | use vex::math::TransformPoint;
  |

Importing the trait as the error output suggests resolves the error, but I'm not sure why that is. It sounds like merely importing a type via the use syntax isn't enough to have access to all of its implemented methods if they're associated with traits. If I want to directly call a trait method defined for my type that I've already imported, I'll need to make sure that my current scope also imports that trait as well. Is that correct?

Yes, what you wrote at the bottom is correct. Items from traits can only be used if the trait is in scope. You bring the trait in scope by the use line that the compiler suggested, and then you get to use its methods on types that implement the trait.

Alright, thanks! It kind of confused me at first, but it's starting to make sense why the compiler would need the trait brought into scope.