No programming required, stick needs joystick testers: https://github.com/libcala/stick/issues/5
Keikan (警官) is a small rendering engine I wrote a while back while playing around in Rust. It was one of the first projects I've worked on in Rust outside of work, so it's not the most idiomatic.
Anyway, the core rendering engine was finished a while ago, there are just a few small quality-of-life improvements and cleanups that could be made. Any code-review/suggestions would be appreciated.
Here are some of the easy issues that could probably be knocked out in an afternoon:
Thanks for taking a look!
I started a new programming language as a learning project and I've enjoyed receiving contributions. This project would be ideal for people wanting to learn about PLs or to contribute to a project written in Rust for the first time: https://github.com/christianpoveda/pijama.
Issues for first contributors: https://github.com/christianpoveda/pijama/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3AE-easy
Issues with mentoring: https://github.com/christianpoveda/pijama/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3AE-mentoring
impl_enum! with strum derives (easy)
Time: revamped parsing/formatting (moderate-hard difficulty)
Mostly just seeking input, though having a way to intelligently handle the possibility of various flags (such as padding, colon or not for UTC), etc would be great as well. Right now I'm passing a
Padding struct around, though this can likely be optimized using something along the lines of a bitpacked struct.
Here's another three from Ruma:
A bunch of Maud tasks, of varying difficulty. Might be good for anyone who wants to get stuck into procedural macros
Some issues from Gooseberry - a tool to generate a personal knowledge base from annotating the web.
- easy - Add a related tags section to generated mdbook pages
- medium/hard - See CONTRIBUTING.md
I want to submit a sequel to
std::fs::remove_dir_all function in the standard library is still broken on windows -- it fails to completely remove large directories. Seems like a pretty important bug to fix, and shouldn't be too hard, in a sense that the functionality is well-isolated.
The first step is probably to move the impl from the remove_dir_all crate into the standard library:
It's not yet bullet proof itself, but its what the ecosystem uses effectively, and it's a marked improvement over the implementation in std.
Here's a fun one, it's basically just about removing code (and putting error messages in their place):
Two easy issues in gooseberry:
Easy but not trivial:
Hey there Rust community!
Libpnet is looking for somebody, who can help with fixing segfault.