[TWiR] Call for Participation

There is a well specified extension in bindgen with some hints on implementation given:

We have some more good first issues for async-std this week:

Note: This is a link to a comment thread proposing a prototype implementation.

I've started tagging some good newcomer issues for my pure-Rust BLE stack, Rubble:

These are pretty good starter issues for people looking to contribute to the embedded ecosystem.

So TWiR's Call for Participation is also to get more people to join in on an RFC discussion? If so, I'd like to submit my (first) own RFC: RFC 2782

Ah, that the link wasn't supposed to be to the RFC in general, but to a particular discussion thread in which somebody proposes a prototype. The CFP is to implement that prototype. Not sure how the link got messed up in posting. Here's what it was supposed to be: https://github.com/rust-lang/rfcs/pull/2801#discussion_r341871045

Alright. @nasa42 @llogiq what's your stance on this? Should TWiR be used to "bump" RFC threads at all (in addition to those that are already mentioned due to being new, recently closed, or in FCP)? If the answer is yes, should the Call for Participation section / this thread be used for that, or something different?

Hello

I've created two more tasks in spirit (library to help cut down on boilerplate around configuration reloading and application). They are probably medium-sized tasks and might have few hidden traps I don't know about yet, but I'll be there to help solving them if they appear.

I am looking for contributors for this issue, to create vectorized math functions ala Agner Fog's C++ library in Rust:

RFCs already get visibility through "New RFCs" and "Final Comment Period" sections and I think adding them to also "Call for Participation" would be distracting from and unfair to other issues.

Hey there pal, I've got a great lib in progress on that front. Don't wanna clog the thread of course, my Twitter is @Lokathor or I'm on the community discord as well.

I should clarify that this wasn't intended to promote the RFC in general, but rather to ask for participation in the form of implementing a prototype of a particular idea that came up in one discussion (not a prototype of the RFC in general).