People are needed to help fill out the log crate evaluation, write cookbook recipes for the log crate, and generally offer their opinions.
I’m starting a recommender systems framework written in Rust and I’d love to work with people interested in this topic. There are a bunch of fairly easy issues here: https://github.com/z1mvader/quackin/issues that only requre some basic knowledge on recommender systems. The project itself is pretty new and young so I hope that it will be a good space to discuss recommender systems and machine learning topics as well.
The libz blitz is in need of someone to lead the walkdir evaluation.
If anyone has some free time:
From the libz blitz:
- log: Support construction of
- log: Expand log! docs for
- log: Maintaner wanted for env_logger
- reqwest: Expose RedirectAttempt and RedirectAction types
- reqwest: Add realistic examples for Response
- reqwest: Document Body constructors
- reqwest: Document Error
- reqwest: Add examples for
- url: Document percent_encoding module
- url: Implement Debug for many types
- url: Put error conditions in “Errors” sections
- url: Explain the term “fragment”
From my project to port Haskell’s C parser and Corrode to Rust, I have this [medium] sized task available: https://github.com/tcr/corrode-but-in-rust/issues/65
I’m happy to mentor people through this task. The translation project is entirely in Rust (no Haskell knowledge necessary).
Perceptia is dynamic window manager with support for Wayland. It is young so I guess it is the most exiting time to become a contributor. Here are couple of example issues suitable for new-commers (many more interesting ones wait on github):
Offscreen mode with VNC or Spice would be nice feature to have. Is someone working in support for these protocols in Rust?
- (easy) Compute the bounding rectangle of line segments and triangles.
- (easy) Provide feedback and help make the code and docs easier to understand and discover.
- (easy) Make sure the code conforms to the rust API guidelines.
- (easy) Add fuzz testing for the fill tessellator
- (easy-ish) Implement tessellating circle strokes.
- (easy-ish) Implement tessellating rounded rectangle strokes.
- (easy-ish) Compute vertex normals in the basic shapes tessellators that don’t already do it.
- (medium) Implement bevel line joins.
- (medium) Implement round line joins.
- (medium) Implement round line caps.
- (medium) Implement miter limits.