[TWiR] Call for Participation

Here are some concrete and actionable ones open in ockam-network/ockam

(Edit: sorry, this should have been a reply to the thread, not to Eh2406's comment)

2 Likes

Hi folks! Ockam has a few Issues we're looking for help with:

Hello,

I recently made a new project called paccat. It's a simple tool to print files from pacman packages.

As it's a new project there's plenty of issues open and features to implement. Most of them are quite easy and labelled with "good first issue". The rest are a little more involved but should still be rather straight forward.

Do note this project links to ALPM (archlinux package management library) and as such requires pacman to be installed to run. So this is rather limited to arch users (or people adventurous enough to build pacman on their distro).

Current open issues are:

I am happy to mentor and walk people through implementing these.

2 Likes

Hi all, Ockam has a few more that would be good to get help with.

We're of course happy to mentor people through these.

2 Likes

Create a better and faster orchestration tool for containerized (docker/youki) for now just docker applications.
GitHub - vsilent/stackdog: Docker Container Management with Rust. You are very welcome!

If somebody is interested in helping with this issue, there is something to learn from the artistic side (Blender users) as well as from the programming side (Rust coders).

1 Like

Hi there, the ogma project has a good first issue implementing a filter command across a string type: Implement `filter` on `Str` input type · Issue #16 · kdr-aus/ogma · GitHub

It will also require this task to be done: Implement `From<char` for `Str` · Issue #2 · kdr-aus/divvy · GitHub

1 Like

Ockam has a few issues that would work for new contributors:

1 Like

Hi, ockam again :sweat_smile:. Here are some (slightly more newbie-friendly) issues about cleaning up and moving around imports/exports in our crates.

The help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Here are a couple issues from Ockam, one about improving cryptographic hygiene, and another fixing a minor inconsistency.

Want to make sure what I've done here is okay

https://github.com/Cyborus04/inline_any/issues/2

Here are a few issues from Artichoke Ruby for implementing shrink_to on several types now that these APIs were stabilized in Rust 1.56.0:

1 Like

Here are a few from Ockam.

Mentoring is available for any of them, of course.

1 Like

I'm back again with more (hopefully) contributor-friendly issues for Ockam. There's some restructuring and cleanup we'd like to do, and some of it is concrete and actionable enough not to need any familiarity with the code, so I've explained what's would be needed, in case someone is interested.

1 Like

A few more beginner friendly issues this week from the Ockam team ... incase someone is looking to explore something new during the holidays.

1 Like

The diesel project is looking for feedback and additional input on their documentation for the upcoming 2.0 release. See here for details.

1 Like

css-inline is looking for maintainers :slight_smile:

Also, there are a few nice features where I'd be happy to provide support:

1 Like

Diesel looks for help updating their CLI tool to clap 3.0

1 Like

Diesel looks for help adding builtin support for missing json/jsonb operators.

1 Like

Fuchsia's Netstack3 is looking for help...

2 Likes