[Tokio] Restarting TcpListener

I’m trying to shutdown a TcpListener in tokio and rebind it to the same port but it seems that tokio doesn’t free the listening socket even after Core has been dropped? Here is the code I tried:

{
        let mut core = Core::new().unwrap();
        let handle = core.handle();
        let tcp = TcpListener::bind(&SocketAddr::new(IpAddr::V4(Ipv4Addr::new(127, 0, 0, 1)), 8081), &handle).unwrap();
        let sockets = tcp.incoming();
        let job = sockets.for_each(|(socket, addr)| {
            Ok(())
        }).then(|_| Ok(()));
        let run = Timeout::new(Duration::from_secs(3), &core.handle()).unwrap();
        handle.spawn(job);
        core.run(run);
    }
    { // This part is just a copy paste of the previous block
        let mut core = Core::new().unwrap();
        let handle = core.handle();
        let tcp = TcpListener::bind(&SocketAddr::new(IpAddr::V4(Ipv4Addr::new(127, 0, 0, 1)), 8081), &handle).unwrap();
        let sockets = tcp.incoming();
        let job = sockets.for_each(|(socket, addr)| {
            Ok(())
        }).then(|_| Ok(()));
        let run = Timeout::new(Duration::from_secs(3), &core.handle()).unwrap();
        handle.spawn(job);
        core.run(run);
    }

I received a panic in the second TcpListener::bind with the message: “Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted.”. Perhaps somebody can enlighten me if it is a problem with the code? Thank you.

This is on Windows, I suppose, where libstd doesn’t set SO_REUSEADDR on server sockets (current master). On Unix-like systems, that options is necessary to reuse the same address:port combo while the old socket is in TIME_WAIT. Not knowing Windows, I’m not sure why the option isn’t used, and whether an equivalent exists.

This is indeed on Windows. Killing the process and immediately launching it again, binding to the same socket seem to work fine though. Wouldn’t TIME_WAIT prevent it in this case too?