Conduit is a new implementation of a Matrix homeserver: https://conduit.rs
This week I worked a bit on federation! Last week we were able to query room directories over federation; This week I looked into what's needed to join one of those rooms:
- Resolve room aliases over federation
- Send make_join request when a user tries to join an unknown room
- Use make_join response to create send_join request (insert origin, origin_server_ts and add hashes and signatures)
After implementing all those things, I could actually see Conduit's join
event on Synapse!
Of course a lot more work is needed to make this really work,
like creating the room on the Conduit side and sending and receiving federation
transactions, but this is a start.
- Docker support (thanks to Weasy, Valkum and Paul)
- Room upgrade support (almost done, thanks to Faelar)
Thanks to everyone who supports me on Liberapay or Bitcoin!