Current font crates:
- rusttype: a TrueType parser and rasterizer
- font-kit: bindings to platform dependent parsers and rasterizers (and freetype)
- font: unmainained OpenType parser
- font-rs: fast TrueType parser and rasterizer
- fonterator: TrueType parser and line layout
- victor: Vector graphics library with simple TrueType/OpenType font support
- font: OpenType, TrueType, CFF, Type1, WOFF(2) parser (and primitive line layout)
The last one is my own take at this.
I would like to organize some kind of meeting and maybe workgroup to somewhat reduce the duplications among the font-crates and to unify the effort. If you have written a font parser (or want to write one), or are interested in glyph shaping (see harfbuzz) and text layout, please comment!