Styling Rocket template engine

Is it not possible to style Rocket tera or handlebar template engine using external css.

I'm my case I have the following directory setup

I want to be able to use style.css in index.html.tera

Repository link :link:

If rocket is setup to also serve static files from a directory, the path in the href property should be relative to that directory, not to the template file.

See the doc here: StaticFiles in rocket_contrib::serve - Rust

1 Like

I retired I'm getting the following error

What can I do

As the error message says, the version of Rocket you are using requires a nightly version of Rust (this is because it uses unstable features). You should probably upgrade to Rocket 0.5-rc, which supports stable Rust.

Im using v0.5rc

Ah, I see the problem! rocket_contrib only works with Rocket 0.4, and has been replaced with more fine-grained crates going forward.

Template support for 0.5 lives in rocket_dyn_templates, and static file support is now part of the main rocket crate: FileServer in rocket::fs - Rust

Thank you :blush:
I'll check that out

Also I need to connect with MySQL via diesel I don't know if there's a new crate to do this other

For Rocket 0.5, Diesel is integrated via rocket_sync_db_pools.

1 Like

I was able to get the template engine play nicely in development. But I'm getting the following error in production

Here's my source

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.