At IOHK we hire smart people from different backgrounds and disciplines, working closely together in an environment of respect and trust. Our goal is to create a culture of transparency, innovation and collaboration. Recruiting the right people, who not only have the smarts but also the behaviours to nurture our culture, is critical to our success and this is where you come in!
As a Software Engineer specializing in Rust you will work on creating new cryptocurrency clients that interact with the core blockchain technology. Working with a cross-functional team of engineers, cryptographers and designers, you will design and develop a suite of new tools in Rust to bring new products to the market that will help to evolve the blockchain and cryptocurrency ecosystem.
Wherever you decide to work, you will be supported by and be part of IOHK’s remote work culture that emphasizes online communication via Trello, Slack, GitHub, Hangouts.
Skills & Requirements:
We expect to see:
● Solid System Programming experience: You’ll have a background of C/C++ Development experience (approx 3 - 5 years) but with the ability to demonstrate good knowledge of Rust Programming Language.
● Technical experience and ability to understand:
○ Functional programming languages
○ Distributed system and network development
○ Software development methods such as agile programming and test-driven development
○ Experience in developing cryptography protocols would be a bonus
○ HTTP API understanding as well as accessibility and security compliance.
○ Blockchain experience would be a bonus
● Skills and Knowledge -
○ You will have wide-ranging experience and use professional concepts to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
○ Experience working with the product team, to translate functional requirements into pragmatic logical, service-based technical designs.
○ Ability to communicate proficiently in English
○ Experience with Git and Git workflow
● Completion of a relevant degree such as Computer Science or Software Engineering
What we value:
● Passion for Cryptocurrencies along with a desire to make the best trading platform out there.
● Collaboration and Inclusion: Innovation happens when people from different backgrounds and disciplines work closely together in an environment of respect and trust. You will help bring people into the conversation.
● Transparency: Trust is built on openness and transparency. For example, all our code is open source and we share information openly with communities and colleagues
● Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision. We offer a dynamic working environment that suits people who are self-motivated and can work autonomously. You will naturally have strong communication and organisational skills and can work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
In addition to working on ground breaking projects, you’ll also get in return:
● Opportunity to work remotely
● Flexible hours
● 20 days paid service interruption
● Paid public holidays
● 5 days paid sick leave
In 2015 IOHK founders, Charles Hoskinson and Jeremy Wood, set out to cause cascading disruption, committed to using peer-to-peer innovations to provide financial services to the three billion people who don’t have them. They knew back then that they had to first create a place that was designed to enable such unprecedented ambition. A place where incredibly talented individuals are actually empowered to put their best work into the hands of millions of people to build on and explore new ways of working together. As IOHK continues to grow, we hope that these principles will serve each new person joining our ranks.
Some projects that we’ve recently completed or are working on:
When you apply… Please include an up-to-date resume along with links to your Github or bitbucket account which contains activities / repositories. We also strongly encourage you to include a cover letter explaining why you’re interested in working at IOHK. Rust Software Engineer - Application